Group Estimating Manager
Job no: 493396
Employment type: Full time
We have an exceptional leadership opportunity!
Join our progressive and innovative construction group as Group Estimating Manager reporting to the Group CEO. You’ll have an Executive Leadership seat responsible for the collective direction and implementation of our group’s strategic vision and purpose.
Exhibiting a flair for improving performance and profitability, you’ll drive best practice processes utilising your business acumen, industry expertise and confidence in managing various stakeholders.
You’ll lead and mentor a diverse and dedicated pre-contracts team across three business units implementing ongoing development, living our unique culture and being part of our continued growth and expansion in 2020 and beyond.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
The responsibilities of the role include (but not limited to):
Manage Estimators in preparation and submitting of tenders:
- Conduct review of tender documentation to gain an understanding of the tender and the strategy to win
- Challenge and improve estimating department tendering processes to increase competitive edge.
- Organise and manage pre-tender meetings to ensure Estimators are aware of the key aspects of the tenders
- Ensure the Estimators have the appropriate time and resources to prepare the tenders to the appropriate standards
- Oversee and continuously engage with the Estimator during the preparation of the tender
- Ensure the Estimator is completing the Tender in accordance with the expectations of their own Position Description
- Review submission documentation to ensure it is of an acceptable standard prior to submission
- In consultation with the Estimator, identify key aspects/trends of the submission that will assist in winning the project
- Oversee Post tender negotiations with client
- Attend Pre-tender interview meeting as required and ensure Estimator is adequately prepared
- Assist in preparation, attend and present at tender interviews
- Ensure Estimator completes the project handover documentation, setup project budget and associated document to allow commencement of project
- Review and assist with responses to post tender clarifications as required
- Seek client feedback – tender brief and or debrief
- Ensure Estimators prepare Tender Handovers in line with Expectations
- Ensure effective engagement with Clients and assist in negotiation of tender
Overall management of the Estimating Department:
- Ensure all tenders have a prepared strategy to win
- Ensure that estimators have explored key alternatives
- Collect, review and distribute tenders to the estimators
- Ensure workload of the Estimating Department is sufficient at all times without overloading Estimators
- Prepare and submit to Estimating Director the Estimating Report on a monthly basis
- Liaise with Business Development Manager to understand upcoming tenders ensuring we do not take on too many tenders
- Hold regular Estimating Meetings with all estimators identifying improvements
- Ensure a team culture is always present in the Estimating Department
To be successfully considered for the role:
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in estimating or construction management
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering or equivalent (preferable)
- Ability to oversee and manage multiple bids
- Demonstrated experience tendering for a diverse range of projects (small and large scale) across 3 businesses
- Experience using Expert Estimation Software (preferable)
- Experience leading and motivating a team to achieve results
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Civil and Construction Estimating experience.
Sound like you?
Please follow the prompts to apply for the role!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend