Undergraduate Site Engineer - NSW
Job no: 493388
Employment type: Fixed Term, Part time
We're looking for a motivated Undergraduate Student Engineer to join our Windfarm Project in Breadlebane NSW to work on a part time / fixed-term contract whilst they continue their studies. This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job experience, where you have an opportunity to broaden your knowledge and skillset in a supportive and fun environment!
Civilex, together with RJE Smarter Engineering, was awarded the Collector Wind Farm balance of plant contract by global sustainable energy solutions provide Vestas.
The objective of a Student Engineer is to manage and coordinate projects efficiently, safely and profitable using the Civilex IMS and perform contract administration.
KRA's for this role are as follows:
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT Manage all areas of the program under their control to ensure project delivery.
- Produce and monitor a 3 week look ahead target program.
- Program is to be resourced with all plant and materials necessary to deliver the works
- Program is to be signed off with the site supervisor.
- Program is to be reported to the project manager to ensure it ties in with the Contractual program.
- Program to be updated weekly
- Where dictated by the PM, the SE is undertake productivity tracking on critical activities.
COMMERCIAL: Maximise profitability of projects and ensure projects are delivered in accordance with contract requirements
- All procurement delivered in accordance with the Civilex procurement procedure.
- Assist the PM / SPE in preparation of agreed project variations
- Key productivity driven tasks are identified / monitored and tracked to ensure maximum efficiency.
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP: Build strong client relationships that position Civilex for repeat work
- Ensure Clients expectations are met in regard to the level of SE supervision required for the project
- Meet client’s expectations in regards to their systems, processes and reporting.
- All site meetings are attended and minuted
- The SE is in attendance when critical activities are occurring.
OHS&E: Manage site safety and environmental compliance on the project
- Deliver projects safely in accordance with the clients systems and the Civilex safety program.
- Demonstrate leadership in safety by being actively involved in
- Toolboxes and prestart
- SWMS development
- Managing High Risk Works
- Conducting safety Audits onsite at least monthly
- Conducting safety walks at least weekly
Identify High risk activities and work with OH&S managers to develop detailed Work Method Statements to control the risk in line with the Civilex Safety Program.
QUALITY: Overall management of the Quality Assurance across the project to ensure a high-quality project is delivered with minimal reworks
- Maintain all Quality Assurance ITP and testing documentation as per contract requirements including ensuring all specification hold points are met and documented
- Ensure Work Method Statements are written and followed to control all high risk items.
- All NCR’s are captured including re-work costs and systems are put in place to prevent re-occurrence.
- ITP process must be carried out on all projects
Must be studying a Bachelor of Civil Engineering or Equivalent
Must be local to Canberra and/or surrounding suburbs of ACT.
Current Drivers Licence
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend