Job no: 493357
Employment type: Part time
Some of the key areas of responsibility are (but not limited to):
- Conduct legal research and gather relevant information for use in contractual disputes, litigation and other legal matters.
- Identify relevant laws, judicial decisions and legal articles relevant to matters in dispute.
Drafting Legal Documents:
Assist in the preparation of:
- Legal/court documents including witness statements, statutory declarations and affidavits
- Legal advise to external lawyers, internal stakeholders, Commercial and Legal Manager
- Assist with employment documents, including employee policies and procedure manuals.
- Assist with settlement negotiations and preparation of settlement agreements.
- Draft correspondence to internal stakeholders and external parties regarding a range of
Administrative Legal Support
- Manage the company’s contract registers ensuring all executed Agreements are saved and filed in line with the Execution of Contracts Policy and Procedure.
- Review and issuing subcontract documents and following up return of subcontract documents.
- Assist with administrative tasks allocated by the Commercial and Legal Manager, including discovery (paginating documents) organising files and arranging meetings.
- Type, proofread and edit legal documents.
- Manage incoming calls and mail with respect to legal matters, including drafting responses for Commercial and Legal Manager’s review.
- A degree in Legal Studies will be highly regarded but not mandatory
- Experience as a paralegal or similar role.
- Ability to use his or her discretion and judgement in confidential matters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills.
- Proficient in the use of computers and computers software packages including Word, Outlook and Excel (previous experience with “M-Files” will be highly regarded but not mandatory).
- Excellent research, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend