Job no: 493329
Employment type: Full time
At Civilex Victoria we understand that the key to our success is our people. We pride ourselves of being industry leaders in not only Civil Construction but in the continual development of our staff.
With many exciting projects in progress, Civilex are looking to appoint highly motivated and experienced Leading Hands to join Civilex's construction team.
Responsibilities of the role include:
The objective of the Leading Hand is to support the site foreman in managing the project efficiently, safely and profitably, while using the Civilex IMS.
- Delegated responsibilities from Site foreman.
- Supervise sub contractors
- Supervise Civilex direct labour
- Set out common dimension and level control.
- Check work and sub contractor performance in relation to Civilex IMS: site safety and environmental compliance
- Quality of work
- To be aware of, identify, and bring to the attention of their supervisor any non conformances with agreed and appropriate IMS procedures, quality, OH&S, environmental.
- Perform “productive” work, generally as a civil leading hand.
- Supervise, mentor and train staff.
- Represent Civilex on site OH&S, environmental inspections, site walks etc. including maintaining records.
- Prepare SWM’s
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Sound knowledge of safe work practices and safety systems
- Experience working on pavements, drainage and earthworks
- Proven track record in delivering projects and leading teams with a successful outcome to the abovementioned responsibilities
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend